Wednesday, December 11, 2013

FInal Blog Reflection


I had never been asked to carry on a Blog in any one of my classes prior to this one. I was never really familiar with blogs and never had much interest for them but surprisingly I really enjoyed doing it. Through out the semester we covered several units such as poetry, mythology, globalization, media technology and possibly other but I can't really remember. The unit that I enjoyed the most was media technology. I have never really been one to keep up with the new technology arising but with the presentations that we did in class I realized that as a future teacher I need to keep myself up to date with the current technology because a lot of it is being incorporated in today's classrooms. Not only is it being used in classrooms but I've also realized that it makes teaching a lot easier and engaging being that students nowadays are really technologically savvy. I also really enjoyed the mythology presentations. I love Mythology and found it really interesting to experience it through presentations that involved the history and different versions of the myth. I'm not a very big fan of poetry and was glad when that unit was over. I found it a bit difficult coming up with poems. Overall I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot of new strategies that I will carry over when I am finally teaching my own students.

No comments:

Post a Comment