Monday, October 7, 2013

Poetry by Maria Bautista

Free Verse poem
I chose to write about the playground that I used to play in because I recently drove by passed it and decided to take a look at it.
Everything was so different as I figured it would but to my surprise something still remained the same and it was a little plastic hippo that I used to love riding on.

Little Red Plastic Hippo
 
The playground I grew up playing in
It used to be so simple
It was a small sand box with two swings and a little red plastic hippo
The last time that I played in it I must have been ten
That was fourteen years ago and now it’s really different
The two swings turned to four and the sand box got much bigger
A whole new playground took its place because it used to be so simple
It now has slides, monkey bars, and an entire little water park
My childhood playground is gone and a new one took its place
But something still remained the same
and that was my little not so red anymore little plastic hippo


These poems are  a Haiku's

As I was walking to class I noticed for the first time in a long time that the leaves on the trees were turning into autumn colors and well that's how I decided the topic of my Haiku. Nature lets us know what season we're in by changing certain things and well right now Autumn is here and nature lets us know by changing the colors of the leaves on trees.


With changing in seasons

Leaves turn red, orange, and brown

Autumn's finally here

Second Haiku


Delicate flower

Playing with the wind
Autumn perfume



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment