Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Alliteration and Assonance list:
·         Big Ben
·         Peter Piper
·         Busy Bee
·         Out of Order
·         Mickey Mouse
·         Krispy Kreme
·         Porky Pig
·         Daffy Duck
·         Bugs Bunny
·         Minnie Mouse
Assonance:
·         Kitty cat
·         Tootsie roll
 
 Metaphors and Similes (like):
·         Life (metaphor):  “Life is a sunny day”
·         Life (simile): “Life is like the first day of winter”
·         death (metaphor): “death is the end”
·         Having children (simile): “death is like an endless sleep”     
·         Marriage (metaphor): “Marriage is the icing on the cake”
·         Marriage (simile): “Marriage is like a bittersweet fruit”
 
Sublime- Santeria
Original lyrics:
 I don't practice Santeria
I ain't got no crystal ball
Well, I had a million dollars but I, I'd spend it all.
If I could find that Heina and that Sancho that she's found.
Well I'd pop a cap in Sancho & I'd slap her down.
Rewrite:
I don’t really like my job now
But I have to pay my bills
If I won the mega millions I’d jump, jump up and down
If I could find that ticket with the winning numbers marked
Well I’d run around in circles and I’d quit right now
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment